Saturday, April 18, 2009

"It's the Freakin' Weekend..."

Despite the change in the weather and skies that have held the threat of rain all weekend long, I'm still in a great mood.  I try not to blog on the weekend, the weekend is a time for much football and much drinking, but this weekend is an exception, because it's a sports fan's freaking wet dream, lots of CSL, the FA Cup Semifinals, the NHL and NBA playoffs, how can you not be hyped?

Guoan kicked it all off in interesting fashion on Friday.  Only 1 point but it was by far their most exciting game of the season and, quite possibly, their most well played.  Just when you feel its time to get down on the team, they pull out a game like this.  I still have my issues and I'm still not entirely sold, but it certainly was an encouraging sign.  What great drama the fans in Jinan were treated to (and they really showed up, attendance was around 25,000).

No comments:

Post a Comment